- shape your understanding of briefmaking and agency
- bring an overall accuracy to multidimensional briefs
- test your idealism against a detailed understanding of pragmatic real world constraints and bring precision to your assumptions about ‘what people want’.
- learn to communicate to different audiences in appropriate lingo
- act on your sense of social responsibility
- gain an understanding of the value of establishing relationships when working with existing communities, and the ability to understand that more than its physical envelopes, places are defined by their uses and their perception.
You will attend a series of workshops that will provide a range of skills in a short period of time and receive feedback from the educational experts of Markfield throughout. For Markfield, the summer school will provide an opportunity to take stock of the opportunities and challenges presented by their building, and to articulate a vision for its future development.
The Summer school is a collaboration of the Markfield Project and the University of East London. It is part of on ongoing research into designs of spaces which better accommodate a wider range of uses and users to form socially sustainable communities.
Email us a short message as to why you would like to join, or to find out more.